Our client is one of the world’s largest and fastest growing recruitment process outsourcing (RPO) providers. Although they were making data driven decisions, their core was based on spreadsheets. Growth with spreadsheets was not scalable and the spreadsheets were more error prone.
There were several solutions available in the market, some of them well known, but none seemed to fit with the vast diversity in operations. This diversity was inherent to their services and one of their USPs to their clients. No off-the-shelf product, even with configurability, was able to satisfy all the facets of their business needs.
Solution and Features
We studied their business in depth, understood the team's thought process, and structured the problem statement. After deep analysis, we came up with multiple custom solutions, which not only solved existing challenges, but helped to grow the business with the usage of latest technologies.
- Web application: We built a web platform which eliminated the need for spreadsheets. The system initially started with about 300 users and 20 accounts, but is now catering to about 4,000 users and 150 accounts.
- Over this period of time, the system was made configurable. It was tailored to the needs of each account, enabling every client process to be assimilated onto the platform. This is a unique approach that most out-of-the-box systems lacked.
- The system has evolved to become a one stop solution catering to all dimensions of the business – Recruiters, Candidates, Clients, and management stakeholders.
- Reporting and Analytics: Implemented a reporting and analytics solution. This used the data from their various systems to create near real time dashboards and data warehouses for customized reporting needs. This enabled the management to make informed, data-driven decisions and course correct immediately.
- Automated candidate engagement (ACE): Automation of various recruiting processes, achieving a more than 50% increase in efficiency for recruiters, as well as reducing manual errors considerably. This included one major functionality of communicating with candidates via different channels such as emails, text, WhatsApp messages etc. and tracking their responses. This helps recruiters fine tune the funnel to focus on apt and relevant candidates.
- Third party integrations: Large scale, third party integrations with various job boards and service providers. This enables a complete ecosystem with best-in-business products and services helping this RPO to have a world class recruiting offering. This included auto publishing requisitions on different job boards, consuming data from various analytical agencies, and capturing applicants directly from career sites and apps.
- Machine Learning: Built a machine learning based solution to determine candidate relevancy to a position. A deep dive into exacting the algorithm has given a result of nearly 80% accuracy of the match. This has immensely helped recruiters spend time specifically on relevant candidates and achieve higher hit rates.
- Talent Performance Management: Automated the performance management system with improvements to enable managers to pinpoint gaps as well as top performing recruiters. This helped the company take corrective actions as necessary and also reward the deserving people. This transparency has helped our client scale to more than 4,000 employees and reduce attrition.
- Bots: Introduced BOT for the initial screening process which reduced recruiters’ time & effort to perform screening manually. The recruiters could invest this valuable time with the potential leads identified.
- Reduced their cost per hire by 50%.
- Increased their customer outcomes by 102%.
- Running an 85% digitized recruiting process showed dramatic improvements in customer outcome.
- Reduced scorecard cycle processing time by 50%.
- 102% more placements per recruiter each month.