Today we are all living in a digital world and we have a dependence upon digital assets like mobile phones and mobile apps that we just can't do without. Businesses across the globe are also operating in the virtual realm, and they need to go the extra mile by having a robust mobile app in order to stand apart from the crowd. Mobile applications help businesses augment their operations, but since there are already myriads of apps in the market, it is important that your business app have a special X factor. Here we would like to mention that according to a recent estimate, it has been calculated that the worldwide annual number of app downloads in 2023 would alone amount to around $299 billion, and mobile apps would tentatively generate an enormous $935 billion US dollars as revenue solely in the form of in-app advertising and through paid downloads.
Mobile applications are therefore an indispensable part of a successful business and these apps are the ultimate catalyst that help mushroom a business in today's virtual environment.
However, making a robust and feature-rich business app is not a cakewalk, and there are quite a few important factors that we must take into consideration prior to starting the application development process.
Primarily, we need to zero in on the most ideal technology and the app framework, with the native or the hybrid app technology stack being the two major choices.
This is not an easy task and it can be quite baffling to select the appropriate development framework for building a stupendous business app, but fret not, here is a lucid insight into native versus hybrid app development. We are sure that this detailed blog will help enlighten you in selecting the ideal framework for your business app. So make sure to give this detailed blog a read, and don't forget to thank us later!
- When to Consider Native Application Development?
Native application development would be the most preferable choice for you in the following scenarios:
- If your target audience would be using the application for the first time and you wish to impress them with an opulent, frictionless, and mesmerizing user experience.
- If coding particularly for one specific platform.
- If you have a business that deals in 3D games and animations.
- If you want to develop an intuitive and easy to learn mobile application.
- If you wish to integrate device specific features such as GPS, camera, and so on.
- Examples of Some Eminent Native Mobile Applications :
- Google Maps
- When to Consider Hybrid Application Development?
Hybrid application development would be the most preferable choice for you in the following scenarios:
- If you want to run your application on multiple platforms, but don't have sufficient time to create cross-platform solutions.
- If you wish to distribute a web app all over the app stores.
- If you plan to target a wider range of audiences that uses the application on both web and mobile devices.
- If you want to cash in on native features of the device such as the GPS, camera and so on.
- Examples of Some Eminent Native Mobile Applications :
- Airbus Helicopters
Now let us briefly give you an overview of the most desirable platform to develop your own mobile business app. Here we'll contemplate the advantages of building a native app or a hybrid app, and this could help you easily choose the best platform for developing your business app.
- Consider Your Business Age. Irrespective of the industry that you are working in, you would most likely fall into one of the two scenarios where you either have an old business that has been running for ages, but your business app is relatively new, or else both your business and the app have just ventured into the market. If you have just stepped into the mercenary world and are inexperienced, then a hybrid platform app is your best bet and you may at a later stage switch to native platform.
- Consider Your Budget. Building digital assets is quite an expensive process and it would certainly burn a hole in your pocket. You must therefore allot a specific budget for this purpose. This also includes the cost of developing a mobile app, and just in case you don’t have an expansive budget, then choosing a hybrid app development framework might be beneficial as a hybrid app doesn't cost as much as its counterpart. However, if you have a decent budget for mobile app development then native platform apps would unquestionably be your best choice. The budget of a business therefore plays a crucial role in choosing the best technology framework.
- Consider the Complexities Involved. Initially you must brainstorm and figure out the cardinal purpose of your business application as that plays the most crucial role in choosing the right tech stack. If you just wish to highlight and display the information that is on the screen, then a hybrid application technology would be the best choice. However, in case the app requires detailed and heavy processing, then native app development is what you should go for.
- Future Goals of Growth. Primarily a hybrid application framework is a good idea as it is both time and cost-effective. However, in case your business has future goals of expansion and growth, then it is always preferable to eventually switch to native app development. Over time your business would have an enhanced budget and a native mobile app would thus be successfully able to address all your complex needs.
A feature-rich mobile application is an integral component for businesses in today's highly competitive world, but the tussle between a native mobile application and a hybrid app is an endless one.
A great mobile app is primarily one that scrupulously caters to all the specific work requirements and it should help scale a business. Organizations therefore need to carefully contemplate and opt for a mobile app development approach that adequately addresses their distinct business requirements, and it must also fulfill all their customer expectations.
This can indeed be quite a daunting task, but the truth is that the right application development platform depends upon your distinct business needs. Businesses must primarily figure out their particular work requirements and only once clear with that, should they zero in on the ideal development for their mobile application.
It is pertinent to note that both native and hybrid applications come with their own set of pros and cons, but one needs to obtain a bird's eye view of the bigger picture and figure out the specific objectives that are to be addressed by a business app. This would help you select an ideal development framework for your business app, and you must go for the platform that meticulously serves the unique work criteria of your business.
In case you are still baffled and need further assistance, then fret not because thinkbridge has your back and we are here for you. We have a pool of talented developers from across the globe and we would be happy to help you decide the right app development framework for your business app. Contact us today for a one on one consultation. Our managing directors, Sai Ganesh (firstname.lastname@example.org) and Anand Krishnan (email@example.com), also have a wealth of experience and information that could prove valuable in your search.